Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some Layouts

I carved out some time for myself this week to work on some of my layouts. Here are two of the pages I completed. I am very happy with the way they both came out. Unfortunately, the lack of sun and, therefore natural light, makes it hard to get a good photo. Hope these give you a good idea.

I saw this layout in CK - March 2009 and scraplifted it using CTMH's Emporium paper.

This is my favorite of the two layouts. I love the white dots the best. They were so easy to do. I used a piece of Knitting (?) material found at any craft store. The sheets are about $0.70 and I just cut out a small section of it. I dipped my pencil tip in acrylic paint and made a dot in every hole across the row. Love the effect it created.


Journaling reads, "It was tough for Mommy and Daddy to make the decision to put you in a cast or “sleeve” as you called it. You are an active little girl and with summer beginning, we didn’t want to slow you down. Once the cast was on, you never complained and went about your days as if nothing had changed.

One morning, a few weeks after your cast was removed, I was getting ready. You came to me and asked for masking tape, which I happily gave you. Later, I found you watching TV on my bed. You had wrapped your baby’s arm and leg in tape and were lovingly comforting her. You looked up at me sweetly and told me she had gotten hurt and needed a sleeve. ~ Picture taken July 9, 2007"

No comments:

Post a Comment