Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ba's Tribute Album, part II

For some reason, blogger won't let me include text with the embedded object in the next post. Here is what I wanted to write in the post below.

This is another one of my "labor of loves" that has kept me from my scrapbooking pages. My grandfather, Ba, has always been a big part of my life. It has been hard to watch him deal with so many changes in his life...the loss of my grandmother, moving to assisted living and the loss of some of his memories.

We gave him a digital picture frame this fall and he loved it! I decided to make an album for him as a tribute. I did it through Shutterfly because the old pictures were too precious to me to tape to a page in a book. The album selections at Shutterfly are impressive as well. (I have often thought this one would be a neat gift for a young child because they love to look at pictures of themselves. It would be cool for a high school graduate going off to college as well.)

Scanning over 250 pictures into the computer and collecting family stories and histories has been time consuming, but well worth it. I can't wait to give him this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment