Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Right now...

I am inspired by Ali Edward's blog post on June 21st. I think it is a neat way to stop and journal the NOW. I think I might use it as a jump start for a scrapbook layout.

Downstairs...Jon is awaiting a late night conference call and the children are sleeping soundly in their beds.

I am thinking...about taking an online scrapbooking class. I am inspired by Ali Edward's upcoming Yesterday and Today class through Big Picture Scrapbooking, as well as Cathy Zielske's Me: The Abridged Version.

I am thankful for... two amazing vacations this summer...one in Maine and one in Florida. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed lots of quality family time.

In the kitchen...the dinner dishes are drying and the leftover steak tips, couscous and grilled vegetables are cooling so they may be put in the fridge.

I am wearing...shorts, a pink polo and no shoes.

I am creating...a baby album for a friend whose shower is this weekend. Better get cracking!

I am going...to watch Leverage when Jon is finished with his call. Love the DVR.

I am reading...(I will be reading) "Julie & Julia" as I just finished "Fortune's Rocks" by Anita Shreve.

I am hoping...to learn how to use my new camera on manual instead of the automatic settings. I need to take a class. Considering Karen Russell's online class called The Photographer's Workshop.

I am hearing...Taylor Swift's Fearless CD (when did I get a teenager) through Caitlin's monitor and the Music Together CD through Jack's monitor, but no little voices. ; )

I am proud...of my children and their new milestones. Jack is now swimming with a vest but no adult support. The boy can kick and could very well pass Caitlin in swim lessons. Caitlin is starting to read, which completely amazes me as does her ability to sing every Taylor Swift song word for word.

Around the house...are reminents of Jack's crib waiting for me to find the right storage spot for them as he is now in a big boy bed. (sigh!) I will never tire of hearing him say "my big boy bed".

A few plans for the rest of the week...trip to the playground, Davis Farmland, a baby shower and a pizza party with friends.

Get your own "list" started. I would love to hear what is happening at your house right now.

I'd like to leave you with a few other things that have inspired me:
  • Check out Ali's Tuesday Tutorials posts. I especially enjoyed Cathy Zielske's tutorial on July 14th. I like her style and loved how she walked through creating a photo collage on PhotoShop.
  • Nichol Magouirk recently posted a video tutorial on a layout she created using Close to My Heart's Moon Doggie paper and our Memory Protector Flip Flaps. I love her layout.
  • Wishing I saw this post before I purchased Jack's big-boy-bed. How cool is that bed? Loving these organizational charts. How I love lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment